Support CBEC's "hands-on, feet-wet" educational experiences for thousands of students and other visitors each year, and enjoy special benefits on your visits to our 510-acre preserve.
• Unlimited exploration of the center's property for 1 year
• Free use of outdoor equipment like seining nets, binoculars, field guides and GPS units
• Free use of kayaks, life jackets and paddles*
• Discounts at programs and gift shop
• Subscription to the CBEC e-newsletter
• Option to rent the Arts & Education Building or Pavilion for events, weddings, parties
• Option to purchase a "Dog Membership" to bring your furry friend to CBEC on weekends
Come Discover Our 510-Acre Peninsula in the Upper Chesapeake Bay
Enjoy 5 miles of hiking trails, bay views and water access, kayaking, birding, geocaching, photography, picnicking and our captive non-releasable Birds or Prey exhibit.
*Updated Membership Kayaking/Paddleboards Policy (5.29.22)
Due to high demand, CBEC has implemented a new policy regarding CBEC-member kayak rentals. Individual Members may reserve 2 vessels and Family Members may reserve 3 vessels of any combination (singles/doubles/paddleboards). If you require more than your membership allotment, the fee is $10 per vessel. We ask that you reserve in advance. Thanks for your understanding, as we're making every effort to get everyone out on the water in a safe and timely manner.